Each of us has Virgo somewhere in our natal chart, and we may or may not be comfortable with our Virgo traits and tendencies. Imagine for a minute that everything in your chart remains exactly the same, with one exception ~ your Sun is now in Virgo. How would you respond to this newfound energy and how do you think it would impact your image, behavior, and concept of yourself?
- By House ~ How would you handle this new focus in your life? For example, if you find that you now have an 11th house Virgo Sun, how might your life be different because of your friends? If Virgo is on your 2nd house, would you handle your financial affairs differently?
- Aspects ~ Imagining that all the other planets in your chart remained the same, what new skills or talents would a Virgo Sun bring to your everyday life? Would the new squares and trines to your Sun benefit or challenge you? (Don’t worry about orbs for this exercise, just use aspects by signs or elements.)
- The Primal Triad ~ What type of behavior and responses can you imagine if your Moon and Ascendant remained the same, but you now had a Virgo Sun?
- A New Ruling Planet ~ There are some who say that Chiron is a major contender as the modern ruler of Virgo. How much more prominence would you give to Chiron in your chart?
Why is This “What if” Game Important?
As the Sun travels through each sign of the zodiac, we are involved with issues related to that house in our natal chart. If that house is populated with planets, the focus is intensified. If it’s an empty house, we may not notice as much activity. It’s entirely possible that ~ even with an empty house ~ things are going on behind the scenes that are not in high focus. Attending to the hidden details of that house as the Sun ~ or any transiting planet ~ passes through it can bring clarity and security and, if we’re lucky, some joy and fun.
If You Were a Virgo
- Would you pay more attention to your appearance, diet, or health? How would this change your life today?
- How would your Mars respond to your analytical abilities? Would you be braver or more timid in offering your opinions?
- How would your Venus change? Would you be more discerning in your personal relationships? (Mercury and Venus are always close to the Sun, so in reality they would probably change signs, too, but this is just a “what if” exercise. We’re thinking outside the wheel with this one.)
- What volunteer organizations would you be drawn to?
What are some other things that might become prominent in your chart if you had a Virgo Sun?
For those who are really Virgos, what insights can you share with us about your Sun’s house? How has your Sun’s house played a role in defining your life?
If you’d like to know more about Chiron and Virgo in your chart, check with The Radical Virgo herself ~ Joyce Mason.