Libra glides into our lives with beauty, grace, and charm and we simply cannot resist her. She has one desire ~ to make us fall head over heels in love with her.
Wherever we find Libra in our chart, we benefit from working with a partner (8th house Libras, stop that snickering!), and may feel lost without one.
Libra insists on an attractive environment in the house she occupies. If Libra is on your Ascendant, you are the environment. You insist on looking your best and you expect the same from others. Even if your clothes are old, you have taken great care of them. No one would know you had owned them for 20 years.
On one hand, Libra can cause us to be too indecisive. On the other hand, Libra gives us two points of view thereby enabling us to develop our mediation and negotiating skills.
Let’s take a quick look at the reasons we love her in each of the houses.
- Libra is always attractively put together. We are charmed by her classic beauty and style.
- She spends her money on beautiful things, but understands that people come first, money second.
- She charms us with her beautiful words.
- She can turn a modest little home into a palace with a bucket of paint and a rag.
- She creates objects d’art and acts as our muse.
- Knowing that presentation is everything, she teaches us that we are what we eat.
- She lets us have our way a lot.
- Love or sex? Le sexe est l’amour. L’amour est le sexe.
- Being a cultural guru, she shows us that beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
- With the ability to administer tough love, she’s the iron hand in a velvet glove.
- Love makes the world go round and Libra shares it with all her friends.
- She knows love as the ultimate Divinity. “Where there is love, there is God.” (Mother Teresa)
A word about the Libra rising chart ~ This is the natural wheel turned upside down. House 7 is Aries, the sign of independent action and strong resolve. Libra, the sign of the partner, is now faced with the most independent of partners imaginable. Here’s the rub ~ Does Libra really want such an independent partner or is she projecting her own independence onto her Aries partner?
Where is Libra in your chart and what do you love most about its placement? How do planets in that house affect your Libra affairs?