Are you feeling any effects from Capricorn’s Full Buck Moon? Capricorn is reputed to be a somber sign, even though it’s graced with a very dry wit and a sense of humor that can be infectious. It is ruled by crotchety Saturn, though, and he has a knack for bringing on a case of the blues from time to time.
If the blues (or grief) has you in its grips under this Capricorn Moon, I have two essential oil remedies for you to try.
Whenever I start feeling blue, I get up and get busy.
~ My Capricorn Mom’s advice
on handling the blues
stuff In this week’s post
- Moon Phases
- This Week’s Sign Changes
- The Planets
- Tarot Correspondences
- Live! Laugh! Love! Days
- Essential Oils to Beat Back the Saturn Blues
- Related Posts about Saturn
We’ve reached the point in the Cancer Lunation where the light starts to diminish. Energy wanes with the fading light and we enter the cycle of release. The Full Phase, when everything is illuminated, continues through the 12th. The Disseminating Moon arrives on the 12th at 5Pisces, a time to share what we’ve learned since the New Moon of June 23rd. Sharing in Pisces style is a lot like unconditional love, it would seem. Spread those seeds.
this week’s sign changes
We pass through the last of the “winter” signs (Capricorn, Aquarius, and Pisces), ending the week with an Aries Moon and a Love day.
No planets are changing signs this week.
Planets in Elements
- 3 Planets in Water: Sun and Mars in Cancer and Neptune in Pisces
- 3 Planets in Fire: Mercury in Leo, Saturn in Sagittarius, Uranus in Aries
- 2 Planets in Air: Venus in Gemini, Jupiter in Libra
- 1 Planet in Earth: Pluto in Capricorn
- Moon moves through Earth, Air, Water
The week gets off to a fairly balanced start, elementally speaking, though that changes once the Moon has departed Capricorn. The rest of the week is a watery/fiery mix in dire need of some grounding. Practice passion and empathy and count to 10 before getting embroiled with things that get you steamed in a hurry.
- 5 Cardinal planets: Uranus in Aries, Sun and Mars in Cancer, Jupiter in Libra, Pluto in Capricorn
- 1 Fixed planet: Mercury in Leo
- 3 Mutable planets: Venus in Gemini, Saturn in Sagittarius, Neptune in Pisces
So many Cardinal planets push us to move, do something, take a leadership position. With only one planet in a fixed sign, all that energy to get going may wither when in maintenance mode.
With the earth element and fixed mode missing, Taurus qualities can be called on to make up for the lack. Catch phrase of the week is stick to it. We have to apply our own willpower this week, as the universe is looking elsewhere.
Third Deacon Cancer
The Sun is entering the 3rd deacon of Cancer, sub-ruled by Neptune, traveling through 20-29.59° of the sign. See Astrological Picture Book ~ 3rd Decan Cancer, The Mystic Crab.
What’s your impression of the 4 of Cups when you imagine Neptune affecting this fellow? Distraction or dissatisfaction are typical meanings for this card, but Neptunian confusion could apply, too. You’ve got to be sure of exactly what is in that cup.
This card is also associated with the very sensitive Moon in Cancer. Moods change so quickly here. There’s at least one for every cup, and more than one of them will send the Crab back into her shell.
LIVE ♥ LAUGH ♥ LOVE DAYS
The Pisces Moon moves into a trine with the Cancer Sun late Thursday, the 13th, harmonizing our life purpose and soul wishes. Working with whole sign aspects, we have almost three days to work with this energy. If you can do just one thing out there in the real world to feed your soul, this is an auspicious time for it. If something brings a tear to your eye during the Pisces lunar transit, don’t brush it away too quickly. Let yourself feel it for a little while, but remember that we are in the waning phase now. Feel it, and release. Let go.
The Moon receives the gift of optimism and hope for the future when combined with optimistic Jupiter in an easy aspect.
Moon in Aquarius gets a happy charge from Jupiter in Libra on the 11th. Here are two signs interested in both personal and impersonal relationships. Work the odds on getting on well with people today.
When the Moon and Venus are in harmonious aspect, we are blessed with the gift of empathy, civility, and understanding.
The Moon in Aquarius sextiles bubblelicious Venus in Gemini on the 10th which can put us in a real “we think alike” frame of mind.
The second Love Day is on Saturday, the 15th. This time we have the Moon in sassy, sexy Aries in an easy sextile aspect with bright, bubbly Venus in Gemini. Double entendre, anyone?
Essential Oils to Beat Back the Saturn Blues
Two very different remedies may bring relief from the blues or grief. Saturn, Capricorn’s ruling planet, is associated with grief, the blues, sadness, and all forms of melancholia. Essential oils are no cure for the real causes of melancholia, but I do believe they can offer some temporary relief. read more here…
I hope you have a wonderful week!
Capricorn/Saturn Related Posts:
- Transiting Saturn Conjunctions ~ Scenes from Melancholia – If you watched the movie Melancholia by Lars von Trier and made it through the excruciating wedding scene that makes up the first half of the film, you saw a masterful representation of what transiting Saturn’s approaching conjunction to a natal planet feels like.
- Transiting Saturn Conjunctions ~ Preparing for the Hit – If the first part of the film Melancholia is about refusing to compromise (or merge, marry or yoke as with Saturn in Libra), the second half of the film is about no way out. It has a sort of Saturn in Scorpio ring to it, don’t you think?
- Saturn, Act I ~ Maiden Days – This three-part series will focus on our Saturn cycles as three different Acts in our life. The series is inspired by an interview of Jane Fonda by Oprah, where Fonda said that she is in Act III of her life. For women, we’ll be looking at these Acts as our Maiden, Mother, or Crone Days. Saturn … Continue reading Saturn, Act I ~ Maiden Days
- Saturn, Act II ~ Mother Days – This is Part 2 of a three-part series focusing on our Saturn cycles as three different Acts in our life. The series is inspired by an interview of Jane Fonda by Oprah, where Fonda said that she is in Act III of her life. For women, we’ll be looking at these Acts as our Maiden, Mother, … Continue reading Saturn, Act II ~ Mother Days
- Saturn, Act III ~ Crone Days – This is Part 3 of a series focusing on our Saturn cycles as three different Acts in our life. The series is inspired by an interview of Jane Fonda by Oprah, where Fonda said that she is in Act III of her life. For women, we’ll be looking at these Acts as our Maiden, Mother, or Crone … Continue reading
- Capricorn Stones for Well-Being – The primary stone of Capricorn is the garnet, so now’s the time to pull out your garnet jewelry and put it to good use. Good things to focus on with Capricorn stones are authority, responsibility, and success, and our relationship to those qualities. Authority: the power to determine, adjudicate, or otherwise settle issues or disputes; jurisdiction; the … Continue reading Capricorn Stones for Well-Being
- Capricorn ~ Imposter Syndrome, Feelings of Incompetence, and Fear of Success – (c) cjwright 2010 Are you one of those folks who starts feeling a little awkward and nervous when you succeed? Do you feel like you don’t really measure up to the competition ~ even though you’re clearly exceptional ~ and that you just “got lucky” and don’t really deserve the credit? Even if you’ve received acknowledgement or … Continue reading