It’s not always easy to come up with an intention at each New Moon that you can accomplish without fail. Life has a way of getting in our way to thwart our intentions. Sometimes we might bite off more than we can chew in a mere 29 days. And sometimes, we just lose interest. Or it wasn’t fun.
There are some steps that can help you define your New Moon intentions and set a path toward realizing your goals.
Take 4 Steps
Here are four manageable steps to creating your New Moon intentions.
- Decide on a goal that you can reach in 29 days. It can be something that really can be realized in one lunar cycle. But you may also have a larger, longer term goal. If you are working on a really big goal that may take three months or even a year, breaking it down into cycles of 29 days can make something that seems overwhelming much more realistic.
- Figure out how the sign of the New Moon can help you reach your goal.
- Work with the Moon Phases to stay in tune with the Moon.
- Set a daily intention that uses the qualities of the daily Moon Sign to help you reach your goal.
Working with Daily Intentions
A daily intention can be anything.
- A physical action that gets you a step closer to realizing your New Moon Dream
- An affirmation of your talents and skills
- A small goal to accomplish
- Inspiration to keep you on track
- Whatever you want it to be
Consider using the mottoes of the signs as a prompt for your daily intention. Here’s a list of all mottoes and some keywords.
Maybe your New Moon Dream is a very practical one ~ to rid your home of clutter. On an Aries Moon day, the prompt is “I Am.” A daily intention might be:
- I am determined to get rid of three things today. (Inspiration)
- I am capable of getting rid of things that I don’t need. (Affirmation)
- I am taking stuff to the Goodwill. (Physical Action or Goal)
Working with the Phases
Putting it All Together
Your New Moon Dreams and wishes or intentions can be guided toward fulfillment by using the house and sign of the lunation. Your New Moon Dreams can be about anything you want them to be. You’re the dreamer.
Identify the house in your natal chart where the New Moon occurs and combine it with the keywords for the New Moon’s sign.
The New Moon takes place in my (1st, 2nd…)_________ house. Some possibilities that might come up for me this month are:
I can approach these people and situations in __________________, _________________, and ___________________ (keywords for the sign) ways to help me reach my New Moon Dream.