I believe this phrase gets better when we use it during Sagittarius, sign of long distance travels and far-reaching journeys. Better still with the New Moon which arrives each month. And even better at the New Moon in Sagittarius.
When we take that first step toward a distant goal with the New Moon, setting our sights on what we hope to accomplish in a few short weeks, we are setting a whole New World in motion. We may see our intentions fulfilled, or we may miss the mark, but it all begins with the first step.
If you haven’t already decided on your intentions or a goal for the New Moon in Sagittarius, spend some time during the New Phase to fully form one in your mind’s eye. Maybe this exercise will help get you started if you’re not as motivated as you’d like to be.
Items for this exercise:
- A printed copy of the graphic
- Something to write with
- Essential oil
- Candle/s and something to light it/them with
- A length of string, 16-24″
- Ginger Tea
- Gingerbread cookies
- Clary sage essential oil diluted with a carrier oil
- Dark Blue or purple candle
- Dried sage and/or ginger
To help set the mood and get your thoughts going, find a quiet place where you won’t be disturbed. Have a copy of the graphic printed out and a pen or pencil to write with. Light your candle/s. Dark blue or purple are good choices for Sagittarius, but white will do nicely.
Sagittarius/Jupiter are associated with ginger, so a cup of ginger tea or some gingerbread cookies will make a nice snack to ground you during this exercise.
Clary sage essential oil is perfect for use with Sagittarius, but any oil you use for a New Moon or just one that makes you happy will work, too.
- Prepare your tea and cookies if you’re using them
- Light your candle
- Write your goal in the upper box
- Write the first step you will take in the lower box
- Place a little bit of the dried sage and/or ginger in the center of the page. You could also add a teensy bit of the cookie, too. Teensy, just a crumb or two.
Now you’re going to make a little packet. Folding the paper as described will keep the herbs from spilling out:
- Fold the top of the page down toward the center
- Fold the bottom of the page up toward the top
You now have an oblong folded piece of paper.
- Fold both sides in to create a square shaped packet
- Dab a small amount of your diluted essential oil on the center of the packet
- Take the string and tie it all around the packet as though you were putting ribbon on a present, interweaving the string
- Finish the packet by tying a knot in the string
- Cut off the ends or let them remain long
Put this packet someplace where you will see it every day. You can even tuck it into your bra, your wallet, or a mojo bag if you want to carry it with you. Keep the packet as long as you want or until your goal is reached.
You have set your journey in motion!
At each phase of the Moon, add another dab of your essential oil to the packet. Just a dab will do. No need to soak it.
You can choose to use all the phases, just the quarter Moons, or only the next Full Moon. The choice is yours.